Wednesday 23 April 2014

Bill Crawford resigning as Daily World publisher


Daily World Publisher Bill Crawford announced Wednesday that he will be resigning his position as the newspaper’s publisher.


Crawford, who also serves as publisher for the Montesano Vidette, South Beach Bulletin and North Coast News, came to this community in 2011 from Hilo, Hawaii, where he was circulation manager for the Hawaii Tribune-Herald, another Stephens Media newspaper.


Crawford and his family plan to return to Hawaii at the end of the school year.


“My time on the Harbor has been one that I will not soon forget.” Crawford said. “I say to all reading this that the people I have had the pleasure of working with, within the walls of State Street and Michigan are some of the best employees and managers that anyone could ever hope to walk side by side with.


“I said upon my arrival that I had never seen such resilience as was present on the Harbor. I leave saying the same. People here, from left to right, are as strong as I have ever seen. I only hope the very best in years to come for the many people that I and my family have come to know as friends and in some cases adopted family. The Harbor is something that all involved should continue to fight for. She is that special.”


Stephens Media will actively seek a replacement publisher, who should be announced in the weeks to come.



No comments:

Post a Comment